Urban planners call it an alpha city. Carl Sandburg called it the “City of the Big Shoulders.” Blues singers simply call it, “Sweet Home, Chicago.” To spend any amount of time here is to be inspired by the scope and scale of the city, the sheer beauty of the architecture, the presence of the lake and the river, the cutting-edge culture with ancient Native American roots. But more than any single physical attribute, it is the people drawn to Chicago that so define it and give it energy, its spirit of passion, brilliance, progress and indomitable future-facing potential. We look forward to you being here with us and finding your inspiration.
Your Access: Innovation adventure is centered at the Peninsula Hotel, Chicago, in the storied River North neighborhood. But feel free to wander. There’s much to see and do as you take a step away from the conference and see the world through a very Chicago-centric lens.
1. Cruise the Chicago River and take in the city on one of Chicago’s architectural boat tours.
2. Shop till you drop at any of the more than 450 shops lining Michigan Avenue’s Magnificent Mile.
4. Get high: Have a cocktail at CloudBar at 360 CHICAGO, 1,000 feet above the city in the John Hancock Center.
5. Stroll Oak Street Beach, and maybe wade out into the waves of Lake Michigan.
6. Take in the exhibits at the Art Institute of Chicago, which has one of the largest permanent collections in the U.S.
7. Check in at Chicago’s official reception desk: the 19th century landmark the Chicago Cultural Center.
8. Reflect upon your reflection in “The Bean” sculpture, stroll the Lurie Garden and check out what’s happening at Jay Pritzker Pavilion, all in Millennium Park.
9. Walk Navy Pier and take a ride on the 196-foot Centennial Wheel.
10. See what’s playing at The Goodman Theatre, the Steppenwolf Theatre Company or any of the dozens of other theaters in this theater town.